I am blessed all the time. There isn’t an area of my life that I feel like God doesn’t bless me in. The thing is, though, that if we don’t take the time to see the blessings we can easily fall into feeling like we are going through this life all alone. So, today I am going to take the time to list 10 things I am grateful for this week.
1. My husband took Monday off work and installed new lights in our bedroom and dining room, and a new fan in our living room – such a blessing!
2. My school this week (more on school later) was really easy and allowed me to help my husband all day Monday, spend half the day Tuesday talking to a good friend, and still be done by Thursday morning. That gave me all day Friday to focus on other things and relax!
3. My youngest, whom we have been having a lot of problems with, found out she is going to be a big sister (more on that soon as well) and has decided that she needs to start taking on some responsibilities and acting nicer.
4. Thanks to #2 I had extra time this week to really sit down and spend time with my oldest. She is growing so fast and sometimes it feels like she has changed so much that I don’t even know her anymore so that extra time was so nice!
5. My second child is the sweetest little man in the entire world and is constantly giving me hugs and kisses. At 7 years old I am afraid this open and unashamed love will be over soon, but I am enjoying it while I can.
6. I was finally able to get some seeds started for transplanting later. My oldest helped with that and she wants to be in charge of the garden, that is so awesome and will help me out so much considering how busy I am.
7. Health…I recently went to the doctor and my blood work is way better than it was the last time I went. I didn’t have any problems before, but I was getting close to the borderline zone for a lot of things and now everything is completely normal except for my Vitamin D levels which have been low for years. I really don’t know what all that’s about, but I am thankful for all my other numbers being so good.
8. My husband’s activities outside the home…Every other week my husband basically has a “guys night out.” While some women may be jealous of this, I love it. I want to spend time with him whenever I get the chance, but there is something so special about having time with just me and the kids in the evening after dinner. This week we watched “The Goonies” together complete with stovetop popcorn and little boxes of movie candy I found at the dollar store. So much fun!
9. My boy’s new dog that I didn’t really want to begin with. Lol, I’m not much of a dog person so I wasn’t too sure about getting him a puppy, but I am so glad I did! This sweet little guy wakes me up every morning by jumping in bed with me and cuddling up on my side. Then he sticks his head under my hand and won’t stop moving around until I pet him. It is so much nicer to wake up this way than to a blaring alarm clock! He is also great for the kids and keeps them very active.
10. My grandma…She is 90+ (seriously, she won’t tell us exactly how old she is because she doesn’t want to sound too old lol), and she has definitely “been there and done that.” She remembers what it was like to be a mother of four so when I call her for the first time in months she tells me not to worry about it because she has been in my shoes before. She always tells me that she is proud of what I do, and to top it all off she is the closest thing to a saint on earth I ever have and probably will ever meet.
I’ve had a great week and God has blessed me in so many ways. Hope everyone out there has had a great week as well!